Making Sense of Assessments in the Workplace
In this UNC Executive Development white paper, Making Sense of Assessments in the Workplace, Tony Laffoley, a Program Director at UNC Executive Development writes that good assessments can help HR and talent management professionals place the right people in the right roles, lower turnover, and increase employee loyalty. With as many as 60 percent of employees undergoing workplace assessments a year, they can be a powerful tool in an HR professional’s arsenal, but there are important caveats to consider.
This UNC Executive Development white paper:
- Discusses why employers use assessment tools;
- Offers important caveats in the use of assessment tools;
- Explores the types of assessments available to employers and what they measure;
- Explores personality assessments, in particular, and provides an overview of some of the more popular assessments (like the Myers-Briggs) available in the marketplace, and;
- Provides tips to HR and talent management professionals on how to correctly use assessments in the workplace.