Dec 07, 2016 - Dec 08, 2016
London, United Kingdom
Doug Ready discusses the hallmarks of a game-changing talent strategy during this November 2016 session on Building Game Changing Organizations.
Heraldo Sales-Cavalcante discusses Creating a community of learners & a powerhouse of insights at ICEDR's Global Innovations Summit, 2015.
Organizations of all sizes are increasingly “going global,” and the number of startups that are global from day one is on the rise. To remain competitive in this global business world, HR and talent management professionals must ensure that leaders at all levels of their organizations are globally competent—even those whose positions may never take them out of their home countries. The good news is that leaders can become globally competent through a combination of globally focused development and international experiences.
In the latest white paper, Horace McCormick:
• Discusses what “global competence” is and why developing globally competent leaders is so important;
• Examines critical global competencies identified in the 2015 UNC/HCI study on global competencies and by other sources;
• Examines why global leadership development initiatives and international assignments often fail;
• Discusses HR and talent management professionals’ roles in developing globally competent leaders, and;
• Offers steps HR and talent management professionals can take to develop global leaders and to develop a global mindset in their organizations.
Take this self assessment to get a sense of how effective your team is at navigating an uncertain environment.
Use these questions as a starting point for a discussion with your team.
Consider these actions that your organization can take to develop agile leaders.